|Synopsis:||Prison Break is an exciting strategic event where teams work together to break out of a high security prison. With themed prison guards and costumes, Prison Break will allow inmates (participants) to develop their prison alter ego and interact with each other in a fun simulated environment.|
|Ideal For:||Christmas & end of the year functions, project / team celebrations, team building, graduate programs, bucks/hens parties, birthdays & as a corporate social activity.|
|No. of People:||5 – 100|
|Team Size:||3 – 8 people per team|
|Duration:||Can be tailored anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3 hours|
|Focus Areas:||Team Building, Communication, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Leadership, Strategy|
|Locations:||Old Melbourne Gaol, Old Geelong Gaol, any indoor open area.|
Prison Break Testimonial
|“The team had a fantastic morning with the team from Uplift Events. All were unaware as to what they would be doing that day, so it was great to see how enthusiastic they all were to participate. Upon finding out they were doing Prison Break, there were a few cheers which was great to hear.
Sam was fantastic in leading the event, his energy & enthusiasm for what he does is awesome. He made the group feel very comfortable with his easy going & friendly nature. It was a fantastic day had by all with feedback from the team afterwards saying how much fun they had.
Thank you Uplift Events & Sam for all your help & work in hosting the event, it was a great day had by all.
It was great to have the two groups mixed with people from different teams to get to know each other & also understand their strengths & weaknesses & how to work together as a team. From a managers perspective it was great to see who took the lead to motivate & get the team going.
Sam was very thorough with the information he sent & the follow up calls also. He made sure to have the paperwork I needed to keep track of. Was great to also have a call just before the event & follow up afterwards.
All the feedback I have had from all who participated was positive they all had a fantastic day
Everyone loved the activities as it got to test their minds a little & think about how to solve the problem
Will definitely look at another event at some point next year for the teams to do.”
Soula – Reliance Petroleum
|“Thank you so much for hosting the Prison Break Activity for our team at NAB on Monday January 13, 2014.
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the event and it also helped the newer members of the team to integrate into the team.
The organisation of logistics prior to the event was also extremely efficient, and ensured that everything ran seamlessly on the day.
Thanks again and we look forward to working with you in the near future!”
Yoke-Ching – NAB Unsecured Credit Portfolio Management Team
Prison Break Brochure
Download the Prison Break Brochure
|Prison Break Brochure|
Prison Break kicks off with inmates split into teams and developing a prison gang identity together with a back story. Inmates will get into character with fake tattoos, bandanas and several props provided to set the theme for the event. Throughout a series of fun, mental and strategic challenges, teams will work together to decipher clues, bribe guards and steal a master key, following a standard “Dummy’s Guide” to break out of prison plan – think Shawshank Redemption.
The group objective is to break all teams out of Prison as quickly as possible with teams who have successfully broken out being able to assist the teams still inside. Each team will also be given a break out of prison plan which will contain a task list of activities they will need to complete in order to move on to the next stage of the break out.
- Team building (great social / fun activity to get to know your work colleagues, friends, family better)
- Communication (individuals are required to communicate and co-operate in a simulated environment)
- Goals and Targets (teams have a common goal and must all work together to help everyone break out of prison)
- Problem solving (teams will face challenges to test their problem solving ability)
- Leadership (individuals are required to take lead at certain points throughout the event)
- Strategy (teams make key decisions concerning when to bribe the prison guards)
- Officials (includes a host)
- Event design and execution
- All equipment and props for challenges (including costumes, bandanas, fake tattoos, themed challenges – to be returned at the end of the event)
- Public liability insurance
- Team folder with pens (to be returned at the end of the event)
- Photos from the memorable event provided on a USB
- Event summary and results
Upgrade your Prison Break event to one of these amazing venues:
- For a venue hire fee, why not upgrade your experience and create a unique and thrilling prison breakout at City Watch House @ the Old Melbourne Gaol. Confined in their cells, teams will experience a real life prison environment as they work together to break out. The City Watch House at the Old Melbourne Gaol operated as Melbourne’s central custody centre, or ‘holding place’, for people arrested and awaiting trial. For almost a century, every person arrested in Melbourne was lodged in the City Watch.
- For a venue hire fee, why not upgrade your experience and create a unique and thrilling prison breakout at The Old Geelong Gaol. HM Prison Geelong was once a maximum security prison, built by the prisoners who were being held there. With no plumbing or heating it was a miserable place to live, finally closing in 1991.
To make your Prison Break even more enjoyable, add a package option which can include:
- Bottles of water
- Prizes (movie tickets, bottles of wine etc)
- Lunch / snacks