Pentridge Prison Break
Pentridge Prison Break is an exciting strategic event where teams work together to break out of Melbourne’s famous D-Division at HM Prison Pentridge. With themed prison guards and costumes, Pentridge Prison Break will allow inmates (participants) to develop their prison alter ego and interact with each other in a fun simulated environment.
|Ideal For:||Christmas & end of the year functions, project / team celebrations, team building, graduate programs, bucks/hens parties, birthdays & as a corporate social activity.|
|No. of People:||5 – 55|
|Team Size:||3 – 8 people per team|
|Duration:||Can be tailored anywhere from 2 hours to 3 hours|
|Focus Areas:||Team Building, Communication, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Leadership, Strategy|
|Locations:||HM Prison Pentridge (Coburg – Melbourne)|
Pentridge Prison Break kicks off with inmates split into teams and developing a prison gang identity together with a back story. Inmates will get into character with fake tattoos, bandanas and several props provided to set the theme for the event. The real life prison cells in D-Division are creepingly eerie, with the last person executed in the gallows of D-Divison in 1967. Throughout a series of fun, mental and strategic challenges, teams will work together to decipher clues, bribe guards and steal a master key, following a standard “Dummy’s Guide” to break out of prison plan – think Shawshank Redemption.
The group objective is to break all teams out of Pentridge Prison as quickly as possible with teams who have successfully broken out being able to assist the teams still inside. Each team will also be given a break out of prison plan which will contain a task list of activities they will need to complete in order to move on to the next stage of the break out.
- Team building (great social / fun activity to get to know your work colleagues, friends, family better)
- Communication (individuals are required to communicate and co-operate in a simulated environment)
- Goals and Targets (teams have a common goal and must all work together to help everyone break out of Pentridge Prison)
- Problem solving (teams will face challenges to test their problem solving ability)
- Leadership (individuals are required to take lead at certain points throughout the event)
- Strategy (teams make key decisions concerning when to bribe the prison guards)
- Officials (includes a host)
- Event design and execution
- All equipment and props for challenges (including costumes, bandanas, fake tattoos, themed challenges – to be returned at the end of the event)
- Access to HM Prison Pentridge D-Division including the prison cells, corridors, courtyards etc.
- Public liability insurance
- Team folder with pens (to be returned at the end of the event)
- Photos from the memorable event provided on a USB
- Event summary and results
To make your Pentridge Prison Break even more enjoyable, add a package option which can include:
- Bottles of water
- Prizes (movie tickets, bottles of wine etc)
- Lunch / snacks
Pentridge Prison Break Brochure
Download the Pentridge Prison Break Brochure
|Pentridge Prison Break Brochure|
Pentridge Prison Break Testimonial
|“I would like to thank everyone from Uplift events for creating a wonderful team offsite for REA Marketing group.
The Prison Break event ran smoothly, was challenging and most importantly, was a heap of fun! The feedback from the day was incredibly positive, I think everyone enjoyed creating their prison alter-ego a little too much!
Thank-you to the wonderful staff who ran the event on the day, their enthusiasm and eagerness to help was wonderful.
The setting at Pentridge Prison was a perfect place to get into character and witness the history the place has to offer, while the event was a cool way to integrate new employees.
REA enjoyed the activity as it created an environment where everyone had to work together to achieve a common goal. Great for team bonding, would highly recommend!”
Mia (Executive Assistant) – REA Group
|“We recently engaged Uplift Events to run a Team Building exercise for us at Pentridge Prison. The event was a great success with all staff thoroughly enjoying the day. Sam and Emily were professional and engaging I would definitely recommend them.”
Tina – Family Planning
|“There were a few in the team who were not overly keen with the idea of team building at ‘Pentridge Prison’. Since participating they have been talking about how good it was! It was successful as we had fun together. Very professional, fun and prompt with sending pictures of the event. Would recommend to anyone. Staff were great fun and helped get the team into the spirit.”
Jo – Symbion