|Synopsis:||Teams are transported back in time as they attempt to solve the murder of Elizabeth Sutton.|
|Ideal For:||Christmas & end of the year functions, project / team celebrations, team building, graduate programs and as a corporate social activity.|
|No. of People:||Up to 60|
|Team Size:||6 teams of 2 to 10 people|
|Focus Areas:||Team Building, Communication, Problem Solving, Lateral Thinking, Interpretation|
|Locations:||Any boardroom or conference venue in Australia. However, Murder Mansion is best run at one of our suggested venues.|
Murder Mansion Testimonials
|“I would like to thank you and Sam on such a wonderful Murder Mansion experience. Uplift events were such a delight to work with.
So easy to book with and I appreciated your prompt follow ups and replies to my questions.
The event itself was fantastic. Being in a mansion brought the event to life and seemed to make everyone put the extra effort in to solve the crime!
It was very well organised and the puzzles were challenging enough to promote the teamwork we needed.
It was great that you and Sam were there to give a little hint if needed. Even trying to solve the mystery at the end was challenging but so fun.
I received so much feedback after the event and all of it positive! Everyone had such a great time and they mentioned that it was great to see how their coworkers excelled when challenged in this way. We learnt a lot about each other!
Overall, the Murder Mansion experience was fantastic. Uplift Events did an awesome job organising this for us. I cannot recommend Uplift Events enough!
We will definitely be contacting you again for our next event.
Thank you to you and Sam again,”
Cheyne – Shaw Contract
|“Such an amazing experience with both Chandre and Jessica hosting our Murder Mansion event. The team really had a fantastic day and their professionalism, dedication and flexibility made it easy to work with!
Would recommend to all.”
Taylor – Monarch Institute
|“Thank you for a very enjoyable day on Thursday, everyone had a great time and it will be recommended to other teams!
Many Thanks again for facilitating this great day.”
Faye – NAB
Murder Mansion Brochure
Download the Murder Mansion Brochure
|Murder Mansion Brochure|
Murder Mansion is a team based event that requires teams to think outside the box as they solve a series of complex clues and puzzles to solve a 1920’s murder. Similar to an escape room, the event requires lateral thinking and puzzle solving to get through all the stages to crack the case.
Teams will need to put on their detective hats to find out who the murderer is, what murder weapon was used and the motive behind the murder.
Once teams have solved all the puzzles, they will submit their findings and debrief with the entire group as to how they arrived at their conclusion. Communication, problem solving, lateral thinking, logic and reasoning will be the key to each team solving the mystery.
Murder Mansion is best run at Montsalvat in Eltham or Eildon Mansion in St Kilda. These venues are steeped in history with their complex of buildings that evoke a European and renaissance past while exemplifying a very Australian trait of recycling and architectural inventiveness. Since a rumoured murder back in the 19th century, these mansions have their own resident relic of the past: a ghost. According to many stories, the resident ghost of Elizabeth Sutton has been haunting these mansions since the 1920s.
Alternatively, Murder Mansion can be run at other mansions or castles around Melbourne allowing participants to explore the unique architecture of these sites and buildings. Some of which feature an assemblage of late nineteenth century European, French and Scottish style interior decoration. These include can include, painted ceilings, lead-lighting, opulent fireplaces, bluestone flooring, ceramic tilework, rough textured masonry, oak parquetry and stained glass. Murder Mansion is a truly unique and fun team building event allowing teams to test their brain power through many fun and thought provoking challenges!
- Team Building (great team activity where teams will explore the mansion together to solve the mystery)
- Communication (participants must communicate effectively as some of the puzzles will require everyone to listen to each others ideas to move quickly through the investigation)
- Problem Solving (teams will need put on their detective hats to solve the mind boggling puzzles and clues that will require different abilities from each team member to unravel the murder mystery)
- Lateral Thinking (teams will need to think outside the square as some puzzles and clues are not straight forward)
- Interpretation (reading the story line will require teams to interpret hidden clues to assist them solve the murder)
- 2 – 3 Officials (includes a host)
- Event design and execution
- Event delivery to your office / conference room OR access the following venues for an additional venue fee
– The Mission to Seafarers*
– Eildon Mansion*
– Overnewton Castle*
– Abbostford Convent*
- All activities, equipment and props for challenges
- Public liability insurance for up to 20 million dollars
- 2.5 Hours of fun & challenging puzzles, clues and activities
- Medals for each person on the 1st placed team (up to teams of 10)
- Bandanas for each participant (to be returned at the end of the event)
- Event summary and results (to be sent via email after the day of the event)
- Optional additional prizes can be added to the event
- Photos from the memorable event provided on a USB
Murder Mansion Venues
- Montsalvat (Eltham VIC)
Solve the murder on the grounds of Montsalvat which is stepped in history and marvel at its complex of buildings that evoke a European past while exemplifying a very Australian trait of recycling and architectural inventiveness.
- The Mission to Seafarers (Docklands VIC)
For a fine urban example of the Arts and Crafts Style in Melbourne, solve the murder at the Victorian heritage listed The Mission to Seafarers building.
- Overnewton Castle (Keilor VIC)
Overnewton Castle is a Victorian Tudor style castle inspired by 16th century English & Scottish architecture. There is nothing more exciting than solving a mystery inside a castle!
- Eildon Mansion (St Kilda VIC)
Built in 1877, Eildon Mansion is one of the largest renaissance style mansions in Melbourne.
To make your Murder Mansion event even more enjoyable, add a package option which can include:
- Bottles of water
- Prizes (movie tickets, bottles of wine etc)
- Lunch / snacks