Build A Hamper
|Synopsis:||Teams take on the challenge of putting together a hamper to be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC).|
|Ideal For:||Corporate community events, corporate conscience / charity events, Christmas & end of the year functions, project / team celebrations, team building, graduate programs and as a corporate social activity.|
|No. of People:||5 – 200|
|Team Size:||5 – 10 people per team|
|Duration:||Can be tailored anywhere from 2 to 2.5 hours|
|Focus Areas:||Team Building, Communication, Social Responsibility, Relationships, Creativity|
|Fitness Level:||Low – Med|
Build A Hamper Testimonials
“The day was a great team building and communication exercise for all of us. Had early communications to organise the event, then as the time was near had lots of great communication.”
Karen – Bristol Myers Squibb
“Thank you to you and your team for organising an excellent event.
The activity itself was so well planned out and the organisers on the day were extremely friendly and helpful.
All staff had a great time and I definitely think that we achieved our goal , which was to bring our group closer together as well as allowing staff from different areas of the company to mix together.”
Gabby – BCA Logic
“I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you so much on behalf of Grant Thornton for the coordination and all the effort you guys put into the day. It was an awesome experience in the end and everyone had a great time.
You guys were really well organised and will come highly recommended to anyone who asks. We will definitely be leaving you some great feedback of the experience we had.
Thank you so much also for your prompt forwarding of the photos you took, greatly appreciated.
Hope you have a merry Christmas and we look forward to working with you in the future.”
Daniel – Grant Thornton
Build A Hamper Brochure
Download the Build A Hamper Brochure
|Build A Hamper Brochure|
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is an independent charity that helps families of seriously ill children. They help keep families together and close to the care their child needs. The cornerstone program of RMHC, the Ronald McDonald House, provides a ‘home away from home’ for families of seriously ill children being treated at nearby hospitals.
Teams now have the chance to make a difference to the families of seriously ill children by participating in a fun and energising event around Melbourne that gives back to the community. Explore the amazing locations around the CBD, while purchasing all the items to put together a hamper for the families. Along the way, teams will face various challenges that will develop teamwork, communication and relationships.
The event can also finish with teams visiting a Ronald McDonald House and dropping off the hampers in person. With three houses in Victoria, teams can opt to visit the houses in either Monash, Parkville and North Fitzroy.
During the festive season, teams can add a Christmas feel to the event by putting together a Christmas hamper with all the decorations and colours of Christmas such as candy canes, fruitcake, Christmas Puddings etc.
- Team Building (great social / fun activity to get to know your work colleagues, friends, family better)
- Communication (individuals are required to communicate and co-operate in a team environment)
- Social Responsibility (teams get an understanding of how their efforts are contributing to a great cause)
- Relationships (work with team members to complete the tasks and to create a hamper)
- Creativity (teams use their own flair to create a hamper that looks good and presentable to a family)
- Event design and execution
- Public liability insurance
- An Uplift Events Event Pack which includes clue sheet, location map, pens and paper (to be returned at the end of the event)
- Coloured Sweatbands for each team
- Money for each team to purchase the required items for the hamper
- Hamper basket, ribbons and wrappings for each team
- Photos from the memorable event provided on a USB
To make your Build A Hamper even more enjoyable, add a package option which can include:
- Bottles of water
- Prizes (movie tickets, bottles of wine etc)
- Lunch / snacks