2017 Public Pentridge Prison Break Events
What Is It?
Do you think you have the smarts to break out of Pentridge Prison? Uplift Events are now giving the general public another chance to escape out of Pentridge Prison in 2017!
The 2017 public Pentridge Prison Break will see teams of up to 5 people inside the eerie prison cells in D-Division where they will have to use their smarts to solve a series of puzzles and challenges to escape the prison within 2 hours. This strategic event will allow teams to experience the history of the notorious Pentridge Prison within the walls of D-Division. Pentridge Prison Break is more than just an escape room, as teams will get to experience a real life prison environment, exploring the corridors and exercise courtyard of D-Division as they move through different scenarios of the break out – and are not just confined to their cell. Teams will have the opportunity to get into character, and will have a warden and prison guards patrolling the prison and supervising their event. The atmosphere and experience created inside the prison is unrivalled compared to any escape room!.
If you think you have got what it takes to break out of Pentridge Prison, gather your family and friends or work colleagues and test your puzzle solving skills and teamwork against other inmates! The objective of the event is not only to break out of the prison within 2 hours, but to do it ahead of all other teams and be declared the Houdinis of Pentridge Prison! Ideal for your mid year function as corporates can enter as part of their end of financial year celebration!
How To Register
Register your team NOW, by selecting one of the sessions below.
If the sessions aren’t visible below, please click here to go directly to the booking site.
An information pack will be e-mailed to teams approximately 1 week before the event date confirming their registration and the event rules.
Please ensure you add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive our e-mails (as they can sometimes get marked as SPAM or end up in the junk folder).
Teams of up to 5 people
$265 (incl GST) for a team of up to 5 people
The minimum age to compete is 16 years old. All participants under 18 years of age must have their guardian sign the waiver form prior to participating.
Date & Time
- Event 1 – Sunday 16th July 2017 – 10:00am – 12:00pm (SOLD OUT)
- Event 2 – Sunday 16th July 2017 – 1:30pm – 3:30pm (SOLD OUT)
- Event 3 – Sunday 6th August 2017 – 10:00am – 12:00pm (SOLD OUT)
- Event 4 – Sunday 6th August 2017 – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Registrations close Wednesday, 2nd August 2017 or when sold out.
If you have registered and cannot make it to the event, please call us on 1300 UPLIFT (875 438) at least 10 days prior to the event date to see if there is availability to move you to another time or date – there are no guarantees. No changes will be accepted within 10 days of the event date. If you do not show up to the event on your registered date and time, you will not be placed in another event.
If a particular event date does not receive a minimum number of registrations, Uplift Events reserves the right to move the teams registered for that date to another event date and time OR cancel the event.
HM Prison Pentridge
4 Wardens Walk South (off Urquhart Street)
Coburg VIC 3058
What Is Provided
Each team will be provided with:
- All equipment and props for challenges (including costumes, bandanas, fake tattoos, themed challenges – to be returned at the end of the event)
- Access to HM Prison Pentridge D-Division including the prison cells, corridors, courtyards etc
- Opportunity to explore and tour the prison after the event and visit the different levels of D-Division including the gallows, Chopper Reed’s cell, the courtyards etc
- Medals for the quickest team to break out and the title of the Houdinis of Pentridge Prison
- Professionally run event with event staff and a host
- A guaranteed mind blowing and atmospheric experience
- A fantastic A2 colour Pentridge Times caricature souvenir poster featuring Ned Kelly, Ronald Ryan and Chopper Read. Created by renowned artist Paul Harvey.
Part of the fun and spirit of the event is for teams to get into character and to look and play the part of inmates.
Teams are encouraged to come dressed as gangs and look as intimidating and scary as possible. Although teams will be provided with some basic props (bandanas, tattoos etc.), please feel free to make your own costumes and uniforms to intimidate the other gangs and inmates.
What To Bring
- Thinking caps
- A competitive spirit, comfortable shoes, a jacket / warm top
- Costumes etc to help you get into character and look like inmates
- Water and snacks
- A digital camera or smart phone to take photos after the event
To see photos from the Public Pentridge Prison Break Events, and to receive regular updates and news about our other upcoming public events, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter